Thursday 29 January 2015

All the vertical bits attached to the big flat bit.....

... as  technically well explained in the title, all the vertical components of the hull's structure are now permanently fixed (glued and screwed) to the boat's flat bottom. It is great to see the hull shape taking shape.



Now I have to move on towards beveling the bottom chine stringer.... For the first time in the build I frankly have no idea how to get on to do that. I've read people have used sanding disks on angle grinders, chisels, block or electric planes. I had initially devised a plan using a router guided along a wide batten acting as plank no 1 (see pict above). I think it is still a good idea but my router is too big for the plan to work as intended. I can't see either how a block or power planer could be used as the bevel needs to be cut all the way to the edge of the bottom board... I have purchased a rabbet plane and while waiting for the delivery man, I'll keep on pondering....


1 comment:

  1. She looks nice Lorenzo... I used power plane and belt sander... and some other tools. Didnt matter much in the end as epoxy filled up all the uneven gaps. Which made the boat stronger. (Good excuse hey?)

    Stringers and planks coming soon...

    ReplyDelete